I generally don’t post on Sundays. Especially not since living in Munich… I never find inspiration during the 2 short days I get to spend in Zurich (if I come home) and also tend to be running around most of the time trying to get laundry done, get to my favourite dance classes and eat foods I miss when I’m not at home. I also try to soak up as much quality time with my friends and family as I can (read: turn night in to day) before leaving on the last train back to Munich.
So after reading Arman’s Spill it Sunday post while munching on my (paleo – it’s becoming a regular thing now) brunch, having finished most of my laundry and begun procrastinating the packing process, I thought it was high time I post on a Sunday. So here are 5 x 5 answers to this week’s fun questions 🙂
Five facts about….your family!
1. Like Arman I am also Iranian (but we prefer to say Persian… like the cat… meooow). I’m also 1/4 American and 1/4 Austrian, was born in London, grew up in Zurich, currently live in Munich and hope to live in Paris one day, New York again, and Seattle maybe too 🙂
2. For a very long time, I was the only girl among my cousins – a princess if you will (Insert Ecard that I am in love with and will not add again here). When I was 14 though I gave my “sole-princess” title up (happily) and got to share being a princess with the cutest little girl ever (who now also has a sister, so we are three girls all together now 🙂 ) All in all I have 4 cousins on my Mom’s side and 6 on my Dad’s
The oldest of all the cousins 🙂
Candid shot of the girls
All the boys on my Dad’s side
3. Facebook is a thing in my family. My father comments, my Aunt likes his comment and my Grandmother comments on his comment… my friends think they are “cool” for exactly this reason. I not so much.. the dorky comments do make me laugh though and I appreciate that they take time out of their day to stay in touch with me somehow 🙂
4. I have family all over the world. Must be an awesome Persian thing 😉
5. I’m an only child but always wanted to have an older brother.. I was never able to accept that it isn’t biologically possible.
Five facts about…your childhood!
1. I started with Ballet at a very young age and never stopped! I also forced my friends to dance to my choreographies…(still do)
2. I had every child’s dream: My own pony! Her name was Pebbles and I loved her to bits.. she lived an amazingly long life thanks to my mother’s love and care. I stopped riding when I was about 15 in favour of more dance.
3. Growing up in London gave me a British accent. When I met up with my kindergarten friends for the first time after 10 years the first thing I was told was: Oh my god, you are American now! At least I didn’t have a Swiss accent…
4. I played soccer for a short time during primary school – I was goalie. We had tournaments at school and my dad would help me train.
5. I had extreeeeeeeeeeeemely long hair until I decided to cut them “short” (Read: past shoulder-length) when I was 13. My mother still has heart-attacks when I go to the hairdressers… (my hair have never been shorter than past shoulder-length…)
Five facts about…you + school!
1. I didn’t trust myself to speak fluent German until I went to high school because all my friends knew me as the “English” girl. I learned German perfectly well, but only used it either in class or with my friends at after-school activities. It is still weird to speak German to my friends from primary.
2. I went to a maths and science high school. Imagine the disappointment around me when I decided not to pursue a biology or maths degree but a job in beauty.
3. I was a nerd. I had amazing grades and studied hard to get them – I’m proud of it. I lost a bit of that discipline in my last year of school and hope to find it again at Uni.
4. School lunches were the most social activity ever. When we had 2 hours we would go sit by the lake as soon as it was warm enough. I miss those days.
5. I really loved History and Economics, but didn’t enjoy Economics when I attempted to study it for a semester. I started to despise Maths towards the end although I loved it the other few years of school. I blame this on the teachers… either they inspired me or bored me…
Five facts about...you + travel!
1. I love Paris. It is currently my favourite city.
2. I have yet to visit much of Asia or Africa. I have also never set foot on Australian or Canadian soil.
3. I really hope to backpack through Europe with some friends soon.
4. Going to Thailand to eat an authentic Panaeng curry would be a dream come true 😉
5. Despite my family living all over the world, I don’t get out of Zurich often. This must change…
Five facts about…your eating style!
1. I was raised vegetarian. I also went vegan shortly because I thought I could then eat more (I am a major volume eater). Lately I’ve been testing the whole Paleo diet and I find it works quite well. I’ve also started to enjoy fish.
2. I’ve been putting bananas in my smoothies and calling it ice cream before it was cool… #hipstermoment #nanaicecream
3. I could eat tofu curries all day err day
Panaeng Curry #foodporn
4. A week should not pass without eating rice at least once. In true Persian fashion, a meal is NEVER complete without rice.
5. I have recently discovered a love for lemon meringue pie, and I really want to paleofy it so I can enjoy it more often (I try to avoid wheat)
Thanks Arman for hosting! Have a beautiful Sunday everyone.
With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxo