First and foremost, a massive THANK YOU to Christine from Gotta Eat Green for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award! I still can’t believe it!
The Liebster ‘Award’ is a fun way to get to know and acknowledge some of the blogs with few followers. Once you’ve been nominated, you pass the award on to other blogs.
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated
You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So let’s start with 11 random facts about me!
1. Part of my last name is Farsi for Handkerchief
2. I have one too many funny Pinterest pictures taking up room on my phone.
3. After resisting reality TV for most of my teenage life, I now possess a brain of mush and a small obsession with the Kardashians and The Real Housewives.
4. I once had a pony called Pebbles and loved her to bits!
5. I hope to one day own an old Fiat 500 or a classic Mini
6. I enjoy strength training and LOVE Tae Bo
And more Ecards…
7. My parents (Santa) gave me a boxing bag a few Christmases ago, because I used to punch my fathers belly… a lot.
8. My family is spread all across the world, with relatives in Hong Kong, Vienna, Munich and California (not counting the zillions of cousins in Iran..)
9. I had a huge HipHop phase and went to a 50 Cent concert with my mom.
10. Peanut Butter and Cashew Butter are not safe things to keep around the house because I will eat them, with a spoon, by the jar, within 3 days after starting.
11. I wanted to be a lawyer because I thrive on long discussions and would love to change the world, one law battle at a time. I especially grew fond of helping women gain rights to go to school after personally being lucky enough to be growing up where education is a must-have and learning that this is not the fact in many areas of the world…. Sadly, I gave up on that dream after a Swiss law lecture, where the exercises were along the lines of: A steals B’s bike, but claims it is his… what do you do? Yawn!
I will still find a way .. Just not backed by law, I guess..
That’s it for random facts about me, now it’s time to answer Chrisine’s questions
1) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I always thought I would want to be a tortoise, because they live for a long time. Now I would rather be a dog belonging to a great family! We have two dogs and they are adored more than anything!
2) If you were abandoned on a deserted island, what ONE item would you want with you?
Protein powder. You can mix it with water or maybe with coconut milk found on the island 🙂 Voilà: Instant meal!
3) What did you wish for as a kid when you blew out your birthday candles?
I always wished for: Whatever I say will come true, but only when I say I wish. Or a magical genie. I just wanted my wants and needs to be fulfilled 😉
4) What’s one thing you could never live without?
I could never live without being able to go to dance. It is the one thing I always look forward to no matter how tired or sad I am. It is a great balance to school work and a fun way to express yourself. I also love to be on stage..
5) If you had to spend the rest of your life attached to someone, who would you want it to be?
Oh that’s a tricky one. Probably to the royal baby and experience all the fuss he is getting 🙂
6) What’s your favourite dish to bring to a potluck?
I’ve never been to one, but would probably bring tofu curry. Panaeng is my favorite!
7) Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate! Preferably dark or white. My absolute favorites are Champagne Truffles. That was easy! 🙂
8) Who is your hero?
I wouldn’t necessarily call him a hero, but Michael Jackson inspired me to work on perfect dance techniques. Heroes for me are also Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr. I read books about them when I was in primary school and felt instantly moved, despite my young age. That was also the beginning of my ‘change the world’ phase. Gandhi is also someone I enjoyed reading about, and found his biography fascinating! It’s a shame we don’t have people like them in our world today…maybe life as we now it could’ve been slightly different…
9) What’s your favourite salad dressing?
Definitely sesame Asian dressing! But at home I just use high quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
10) Do you prefer to read your news online or paper?
When traveling I prefer to read it online, but when I have space to spread the paper out I prefer printed. It’s easier to read than off of a screen, and I prefer the feel of the real thing.
11) What’s your greatest fear?
To get caught up in a dream and forget the present. Nothing is worse than forgetting to enjoy the Now and worrying about the future!
Next, I give you my nominees! These blogs are a mix of beauty, health, cooking and writing; all topics I enjoy reading about!
Beauty in Budget Blog
Pearls and Paris
A Perfect Masquerade
Lyrics and Chocolate,
Breathings of the Heart
Running Shoes and Chocolate Mousse
I don’t go to the Gym
And finally, here are the 11 Questions I would like my nominees to answer 🙂
1. Cat or dog?
2. Where did your most recent vacation take you and why did you choose it?
3. Do you wear makeup? Why (not)?
4. Describe yourself in 3 words.
5. What celebrity or otherwise interesting person would you love to have lunch with?
6. Do you have a favorite and a least favorite vegetable? What are they?
7. If you had to label your taste in fashion, what would be most accurate?
8. What was the first concert you went to and how old were you?
9. What does a perfect bachelorette party sound like to you?
10. What dessert do you always have room for?
11. What did you want to be when you grew up (as a child)?
Have fun! 🙂
With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxo