- For the very first time, I will attempt to make my own nut milk by following this recipe
- I have become a chia seed eater. It’s a great breakfast before work and keeps me more or less satisfied until my lunch break.. that doesn’t keep me from snacking on things before then though 😉 (and yes, I am aware that it looks a lot like baby food..)
- I REALLY want to get this perfume as soon as it hits the stores
- I also wouldn’t mind trying and testing this BB Cream 🙂
- I’ve become a big fan of “detox” water. Simply add lemon, peppermint, other citrusy fruit and maybe also some cucumber – and voilà: perfect refreshment
- I desperately want to try making this
- This is my favourite quote of the week. It’s hanging outside one of the doors at the office.
- Speaking of the office, this is outside my door:
- This is one of my favourite advantages from spending a month in Germany: Katjes Yoghurt Gums! I was so excited I nearly ate the whole bag.. now I don’t want to see a single sweet again 😉With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxo
You wouldn´t believe what I’m doing for the month of March. You have three guesses. I’ll give you a hint: I may be in an office, but I’m surrounded by things I generally spend wads of money on.
I guess I’ll have to tell you then…
Little old me from this little old beauty blog out of little old Zürich is currently doing an internship for InStyle Beauty. Yup, you heard me, I’ve gone from Blog to Magazine (with a little help from a fairy godmother perhaps) and I will be working here until the clock strikes midnight at the end of the month.
Being an intern for the beauty section of a fashion magazine means it is now my job to smell perfumes, test nail polishes and read about sun care (yes that all happened today, Day 1) :), while also organising the merchandise, the press samples and advertisement in the thousands of folders around my desk. Being an intern I thought I would be the one fetching coffee, but today the only “odd job” I received was to get an electronic toothbrush to work, so we could test how it functions.
You cannot believe how excited I am to be sharing this news with you. I am in heaven. I’m surrounded by EVERYTHING to do with BEAUTY – old products, new products, products that aren’t even on the market, articles about the products, free samples of products; the list goes on and on… I feel very undercover-agenty knowing how they choose products for their latest articles and how they determine what’s good and what isn’t… and what’s going into next month’s Beauty edition!
I’m almost equally excited about the nail polish I ‘m writing about for today’s Manicure Monday. It was an impulse purchase well-sold to me while I was picking out a new perfume. I have never bought myself a perfume and decided I had to finally find a signature scent all on my own… but alas, as you all know, I’m an absolute sucker for good salesmanship and cute names, and purchasing the nail polish as well as the perfume was no different a case.
You see, this nail polish is not only very pretty and stylish, it also happens to have the same name as the perfume, which also matches a lipgloss that belongs to the same line (and was sold along with the perfume). Very smart Guerlain, very smart…
Yup, I melted on the spot at the thought of owning matching polish, perfume and lip gloss, all called la Petite Robe Noire. I can feel you all rolling your eyes at me but I felt the urge, to do what well put-together women back in the day used to do i.e. wear matching everything (or so I was told). Somehow I believed that their perfectly-outfitted spirits would somehow inspire me to become more organised. It was a well-meant thought – but as you can imagine, I have yet to wear all three products together.
Nevertheless, I am currently sporting the polish and am quite fond of it. It is slightly darker than my skin tone and also slightly metallic. It’s a fun spring colour, which I can guarantee is totally in at the moment as I saw plenty of women at the office wearing similar shades 🙂 how’s that for being “en vogue”.
The brush is perfectly soft and wide – I barely messed up the manicure and was applying it on the train!
With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxox