I’m not sure if you can handle this.
It tasted like cheesecake. Chocolate cheesecake. *gasp*
It was just the right amount of sweetness and a whopping 25 g of protein without using protein powder.
It’s über-healthy, but you wouldn’t think it at all.
It contains a swirl of my favourite nut butter.
And most importantly: It kept me going through my 1.5 h workout (and beyond – really filling!) without weighing me down or making me feel sick during cardio Body Step like my beloved dates and almond butter did.
…It really was that good.
This amazing breakfast or snack was inspired by Deryn’s recipe over at Running on Real Food. I absolutely love her inspirational food philosophy and have bookmarked half of her blog already… it’s awesome – she’s awesome – my recipe here is awesome too 😉 (if I dare say so myself)
Swirled Cashew and Cocoa Cheesecake Protein Overnight Oats
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats (up to 5 if serving as breakfast)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 100 g low-fat quark (or Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tablespoon cashew nut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- up to 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- dash of milk to make it mixable (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- optional: 1/2 tablespoon cashew nut butter to serve
- Add all the ingredients into a mason jar (or almost empty nut butter jar), except for the extra cashew nut butter, and stir until well mixed
- Store your jar overnight in the fridge
- Stir in extra cashew nut butter for extra swirls (not an easy task due to cheesecake-like consistency, but totally worth it)
- Enjoy 🙂
With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxo