1. FINALLY I have figured out an (albeit excruciatingly time-consuming) way to upload my longish party videos from the 2 nights in Ibiza that were monumentally worth documenting. Now that’s a sentence. WOW. But I digress.. you wanted Steve Aoki and Calvin Harris – not me and my random babbling…But Thursdays are for random babbling and out-loud thinking, so, well, uhm… I give you both 😉
This was CREAM at Amnesia (Calvin Harris)
I have too many videos. I filmed the whole night. Yup. And you wanna know why I stood there with my phone in the air
waving it like I just don’t care? (Sidenote: I very much did care…). Well there were sooooooooo many people there, my friend and I could barely move! It was terrible… I couldn’t dance. I was devastated. At least all the videos enabled a rocking dance session away at home…#notthesame
And here is Steve Aoki (by the way I keep on wanting to write Aoiki. Annoying!) Both parties were fantastic and our clubs at home are nothing in comparison. I did feel slightly less “safe” at the big club Amnesia, but mainly because it was full of drugged up drunks and you never know what they might decide to do… I generally stay away from clubs with that reputation in Zürich, but in Ibiza you can’t avoid it everywhere. I ended up not indulging in cocktails to make sure I could safely enjoy my evening (my parents should be proud ;))
2. Can we take a minute to talk about the weather? One minute it is warm, the next it starts to rain, and then it gets so hot I want to stick my head out of a moving vehicle on the highway to cool myself down. Very frustrating.. especially since this weekend should be full of parties that are meant to be held outside (but more on that next week 😉 )
3. You know how I was on a roll, and didn’t purchase any new things for a while? Well I caved… I needed eye make-up remover for back home in Zürich, as I had run out of my favourite, and while I was there I picked up some chapsticks for good measure. I have gone so long without, I am so happy to have my favourite colour back in my life 🙂
4. This napkin is from my favourite bar in Zürich Dante makes the BEST amaretto sour. The first time I went there was for my best friend’s birthday, and I asked the waiter to surprise me. He mixed up an amaretto sour WITH almond oil, and it is now the only thing I will ever drink there. Oh and, the waiters are super cute! They wear bow ties and could easily be models. My best friend may or may not have pushed me into the one I wanted to inconspicuously flirt with…(I was so embarrassed by it, that I for once in my life could not utter a single word – yup, fail!) 5. Can we talk about my new favourite snack for a minute? Medjool dates smothered in homemade almond butter are seriously my new go to EVERYTHING. Pre-workout snack when I am not too hungry? Have a few. Need a dessert? Have a few. Don’t know what you want for breakfast? Have a few. I even have a stash at the office… you know for those times you really need a date,
but can’t seem to get asked out on one. (Pun intended 😉 they are a wiser choice than ice cream as comfort food and go well with Sex and the City reruns. )
6. I got in trouble at Body Pump last week. I was building up my warm-up weight of 8.5 kg when the trainer said that if I started that heavy, I would need to go up to 20 kg for my squats, which lasts 5 + minutes. Errrrrrrm, no – not gonna happen. I know I want to start CrossFit, and you squat heavy there, but you don’t squat in a cardio-ish way like in Body Pump, i.e. so much more doable with heavier weights. So, lesson learned: I now warm up with 4.5 kg
7. I have 2 new favourite songs that I am listening to on repeat:
I love Ed Sheeran. I adore his entire new album – cannot wait to see him in concert!!
Klangkarussel – always awesome
8. Check out my new screen saver at work
I got it here, and LOVE looking at it every morning when I start up my computer. Thank you Catherine, for the beautiful wallpaper 🙂
9. I’ve got a new favourite pre-workout snack, and the recipe will be coming your way veeeeeeery soon. For now, here is a picture to drool over:
I’ve actually also got a post-workout recipe to share with you soon too!
Do you sense a pattern? 😉
10. Hope you all had as fabulous a Thursday as I had. I went to my favourite Les Mills Bodystep class and had so much energy from my snack that I was jumping for joy 🙂 I’m also finally seeing some results in terms of fitness and strength, so stay tuned to find out more about my pursuit of health and eternal happiness!
Thank you Amanda for hosting!
With attitude and nail polish, Anoushé xoxo