Steel-cut oats, oh why don’t you soften overnight?! Probably because it’s winter and they are telling me to eat them in a massive, hot, steaming bowl before dance instead!
This is exactly what happened with this bowl when my plans went rogue. I wanted to eat my oats during my Dance History class after Contemporary and before the gym, but my tummy was expecting a proper breakfast that morning instead.
So, I cast my conference book on the Cockney school aside and ran to the kitchen to heat up the oats I had prepared a few nights earlier. I also decided to go a little crazy and add some banana, which reminded me of the Oatmeal Artist and how she uses banana in chocolate flavoured oatmeal to add fudge-like flavour; and voilà, an oatmeal star is born!
Pre-dance Fudge Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- up to 1 cup of chocolate almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of Decadent Blend: Chia and Flaxseed with cocoa and coconut
- 1/3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 banana
- Place milk in a pot and bring to a simmer
- add in oats
- add in the rest of the ingredients
- stir and cook until banana has melted into the oats
- serve and enjoy!